Islington Council have approved the following changes for one of London’s oldest public places dating back to the 12th Century, Clerkenwell Green:
- Planting seven trees and introducing low-level paving on the Green.
- Introducing new paved areas, and replacing some existing paving with new, more attractive Yorkstone paving and granite setts.
- This will fundamentally make it easier to walk, cycle, use buggies and wheelchairs by closing the junction of Clerkenwell Road and Clerkenwell Green to motor vehicles.
- Removing 43 parking spaces and one motorcycle stand.
- Ensuring that more people can enjoy the historic space by introducing four new benches.
These changes will enhance the quality of the area and are expected to be finished by the Summer. Our team, at Susskind, are looking forward to a green(er) future in Clerkenwell Green.
(The artist impression image wasn't shot by anyone at Susskind)